Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Alice abused acetaminophen: “Effective Ways to Die” – Radio Sweden

Alice was 17 years old the first time she tried to harm himself with the help of paracetamol. The number of cases of poisoning precisely acetaminophen has increased, therefore prohibiting it now in stores.

For almost six years ago, it was allowed to sell painkillers containing paracetamol, which Alvedon and Panadol, in supermarkets. But today decided MPA to precisely the sort of tablets should only be available at the pharmacies.

So, in the fall ends supermarkets sell these painkillers.



Many more cases

The number of cases of poisoning by acetaminophen has increased since the tablets began to be sold in regular grocery stores. The MPA says that it is mainly about conscious self-destructive acts, where people deliberately takes an overdose of harming themselves.

About 85 percent of poisoning cases of paracetamol that sort of documents.



Alice tried to harm himself

Poisoning Falls is mainly about young people between 15-24 years and most are girls.

Alice was only 17 years old the first time she tried to harm himself with the help of paracetamol.

– I felt very bad about myself and learned that paracetamol was an effective way to damage body and die. I think I overdosed about five or six times in the course of three years, she says.



“can stop the momentum of the overdose”

Alice do not think that an overdose of paracetamol will disappear just because it removed from grocery stores. She believes, however, that it can stop many self-harm attempts that occurs on pure impulse.

– I have overdosed on pure impulse because of panic attacks. I did before paracetamol sold in supermarkets, but I’d probably done more overdoses if it was available at the time, she says, and concludes:

– Today withstand I do not painkillers anymore, but if I take a tablet I vomit immediately. It is a hassle in itself but the knowledge that I would harm myself in a way is harder, she says. I’m quite against drugs in the day and just think it should be used in emergencies.

Alice’s really something else.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment